A Red Wrath

Go down

A Red Wrath Empty A Red Wrath

Post by Darth Regnum Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:54 pm

Serenno

It was a cool evening, the cascading wind sweeping through the Serenno cities gently guided a lone Sentinel-class shuttle down to the planet’s surface.

“Do you remember the names of the Great Houses of Serenno?” Darth Regnum released the throttle, moving out from the cockpit as he grabbed his sheath leaning on the wall. “Could you, brother mine, list these high lords and nobility titles, all the great feats of valor that make them so much more damn rememberable than our own house.” Darth Regnum, birthed as Osiren Atwater, approached the ramp at the back of the ship. He had silver white hair that came to rest on broad shoulders. He had fashioned himself into slim, strong steel for his armor, his vibrosword resting against his leg. He looked at his brother and held up a hand. “Without mentioning the power of the Sith.” Osiren grinned and saw Cain twitch a smile.

“Now, I’m quite glad you have finally shown an interest in history, brother mine,” Cain Atwater said, “but it is the Sith’s present that concerns me. And your future with them.” He was everything Osiren was not, though their father had instilled in Cain that this was his greatest fault. He was slender with a hunched back, thin enough to look alien, his own white hair specked with black ties behind his head. A high intelligence he hid behind low cunning and crudity.

“Then let’s burn it all down.” Osiren said, pressing the access panel and let the evening sun and fresh air rush in.

“It’d be a damn shame,” Cain said as they exited into the city’s star port, “many of these buildings have stood since before the Ruusaan Reformation.”

“So have the men.” Osiren said.

They paid a Duros for their docking and then had to pay a Czerka Representative for additional taxes, but credits had never been a concern of the Atwaters. Deep in the streets of the city, his brother pointed different species - telling Osiren stories or information he half listened to. More than once, Osiren had to save Cain from merchants he had tried to speak with in languages he read well, but seemed to rudely speak in.

“Let’s find some respite from the sun.” The thin brother said from the shade of a cantina awning.

“You only want a drink.”

“And so, brother mine, let’s find two or twenty together.”

“You know why I’m here.” Osiren said, hand resting on his hilt as he looked through the street.

“For honor and glory.” Cain said, sarcastic and exasperated.

“For prestige.” Osiren snapped back. “You've yet to behold Angkor. You may know the stories of the Sith, but I have seen them. Their warrior servants would relieve themselves on House Atwater's grandest palace. They’ll never see our family as more than children,” He walked over to his brother and leaned in with a grin. “unless we show them otherwise.”

“So we bear fangs on a galaxy for the love of monsters?”  Cain said and the older brother put his hand on Cain’s shoulder. “Should I turn myself into a rancor?”

“Get yourself a drink, brother. I’ll find the fighting arena.”

Osiren watched his brother departed, looking back into the market as the sun began shine gold with twilight. The fights would start once night took the city, proud warriors competing under invitation of the Great Houses of Serenno. He wasn’t invited, but Osiren wouldn’t let that stop him.
Darth Regnum
Sith Acolyte
Sith Acolyte
Darth Regnum

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum